Well this weekend was the big Christmas party and I survived unscathed! I ate my protein and carbs right before I left and then when it was time to eat there I just filled my plate with salad and pulled my dressing out of my to go container in my purse and was fine with everything. I stuck to decaf tea and had one diet pop. It was overall a pretty fun night and I'm glad I went, it was nice to catch up with everyone and get out of the house! I did find it weird dancing though so I didn't partake. I felt super uncomfortable out on the dance floor, which I am guessing is because I cannot remember a time that I went out dancing where absolutely no drinks were involved. I hope that I can become more comfortable with it over time because I do enjoy going out and having fun! It's going to be a long 7 months if I don't ever go out and let loose! Everyone around me was supportive though and understood when I bowed out early around 11 PM.
At this mornings weigh in I was down a total of 15 lbs since I started this journey 20 days ago so I am happy and have a new found motivation. I know that the weight isn't going to drop like it did the first couple weeks so I just have to focus on the total amount of weight loss to date to keep myself motivated. My mom thought perhaps I should carry a bag around with that weight in it when I feel down; that just sounds like child labour if you ask me! LOL I find that just keeping busy and doing things is what will keep me motivated and then I won't just be bored and thinking of what foods I can't have. I think that going through all my closets, organizing my house, and getting rid of clutter will be a good exercise too. An organized house is a stress free house. And then maybe some heavy cleaning too!
Todays a busy day, so I have to run but I will try to write more tonight or tomorrow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment