Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Holiday Parties

I've been invited to attend a friends Christmas party for what happens to be my previous employer (left on good terms) and I said yes. I am not sure I fully thought this through but I will abide by my response and go with her. I am  nervous that it's too soon into my lifestyle change and that being around people drinking and shoving their faces with fatty foods might be hard for me. I don't want to cheat or break my positive stride I've got going on but I also don't want to be a hermit and not enjoy anything. I am going to definitely sneak in some healthy snacks that I can indulge in and remain strong. I will also eat my meal as late as possible before heading there so that I am simply  not hungry! I just hope I'm able to enjoy every one's company and ignore the fact that there will be MAJOR temptation surrounding me. I think everyone will be supportive, but I don't necessarily want to blurt out to everyone that I'm on a "diet", it's not really their business and I don't want people being weird around me. Worst case scenario is I end up quietly excusing myself and heading home. I think as long as I bring some stuff to nibble on and have water I will be alright. This whole thing will simply be a test in my ability to say no and make better choices. This is an every day thing that I will have to face and this will just strengthen my will power. I think everything will be alright, just have to remember why I am doing this and what my amazing outcome will be.

On a side note, I do plan on revealing my before and after pictures once I reach my goal weight. It will be insane to see the changes! I just hope that I still look and feel like me. I know that's a silly thing to say, but it's what I feel. It's a worry I have. I just want to be a healthier version of myself so I can live longer and indulge in all the fun things in life that I avoid now! I think my next blog will have to be about all the things I will do and want to do, sort of a mini bucket list. And that gives me the great idea that I should start making a bucket list for myself.

I hope people are enjoying my blog and come back to follow, I will try to post at least a couple times per week. If there is a certain topic you want me to talk about or if you have a question feel free to comment or email me at emurray21@hotmail.com. Have a great evening everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment