An example? Well last week it was some one's birthday at work and so we have a cake brought in and we sit there chatting for an hour or so and enjoy the social time. I was hesitant to participate but didn't want to alienate myself by not joining in on the office fun so I decided to be a big girl and attend. I did not cheat and have cake though, I brought some delicious raspberries instead! I was feeling good and enjoying the social break during my day when my boss completely caught me off guard by saying "Isn't it just so sad that you have to eat those berries instead of this amazing chocolate cake?" I honestly froze and couldn't believe such words could come from someone I'd confided in about my diet and lifestyle change. I was livid; I wanted to cry and run out. That night and the next day I felt really down and alone with the whole process but I pulled myself out of my funk and wrote about it in my journal and talked with my mom about it.
All I can say is that hopefully everyone has some sort of support system in their life whether it's family, friends, or yourself (yes you can be your own support system). You have to take the ugly with the pretty in life and learn from all situations. I have learned from all the stuff that has happened in my life and have come out a stronger person for it. You cannot control everything that happens to you or around you, but you can control how you act and react. I like to live by the saying "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" by Friedrich Nietzsche. I remember my Dad used to always say that to me when I was a teenager and it has just stuck with me through everything. Just think, there is always someone that has it way worse than you and is more than likely a lot more grateful for their life than you are. Focus on being a better you and things will come to order in your life. Become humble with your blessings and take the time to be thankful (and not just during Thanksgiving).
Well it's off to bed for me, another glorious day awaits me tomorrow! Goodnight <3
No comments:
Post a Comment