Monday, November 28, 2011

Fighting Temptation

Well I guess I should have mentally prepared for the fun that is December. The time when everything revolves around baked goods, candy & chocolate, and large over-stuffed meals. It's definitely going to test my will power and dedication to make it through the next month without cheating and to continue to lose weight and hold strong. But I think I can do it! I think it'll be SO much easier once I start seeing physical results in my body size/shape. Someone at my work brought in home-made gingersnap cookies, which were sitting there right when I went to grab my lunch from the fridge...torture I say! But I did it, I walked away and ate my low-cal lunch and went back to work. There is going to be a lot of that horrid temptation this month and I will just have to keep getting stronger and stronger. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there in the same boat right now, I guess I'm not actually alone! I hope that my blog can at least help someone else know that others go through the same thoughts and temptations while trying to get healthy and avoid those super fatty foods! Together, we can do this :) You just have to find your support group or find it within yourself. Thankfully I am pretty good at doing something once I get into it and have the most amazing mother to support me through this! She has been my rock and my cheer team all in one! I don't think I could do this as easily without her. She's definitely keeping me distracted and reminding me why I'm doing it. Plus it doesn't help to set up mini goals for yourself. Perhaps even mini rewards to go with them so that instead of eating that cookie that will give me a 1 minute satisfaction I can think of that amazing Coach wallet I have stashed to reward myself with, or a pedicure, or a massage, or whatever your heart desires! And get back into your physical groove! Go for walks, spend an afternoon walking through the mall looking at all the cute clothes you will be able to wear and before you know it you'll have a couple hours of cardio under your belt and believe it or not, you will have spent your day not thinking about food or anything of that matter. I also find cleaning can be a good time waster and fat burner. Throw on some good tunes (whatever floats your boat) and dance a little while vacuuming and keep a steady pace! Nerdy I know, but makes it a little more fun. Clean and organize your closets, get rid of unnecessary items and de-clutter your life! There is so much you could be doing instead of sitting there thinking about food or worse, eating all that food! Keep healthy stuff in your fridge and cupboards so that even if you slip, you will at least be doing it with something healthy! I have pre-packaged all my bread substitutes so they're easy to grab on the go and have a couple servings of chicken ready to cook at a moments notice. There are so many things you can do to prepare to succeed! A well organized plan and staying accountable is the way to go :) Best of luck in all your weight loss adventures, emails and comments are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment