Ciao for now :)
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Proud of myself!
Yesterday a girlfriend of mine and I went to the Keg for dinner after work, and if you know me you know just how much I love the Keg and a good steak! Usually I would munch on the complimentary bread (and end up eating at least 2-3 pieces to myself), then sometimes order the baked garlic shrimp appetizer, a pina colada cocktail, the top sirloin with garlic mashed potatoes topped with three cheese butter, and then enjoy a yummy creme brulee for dessert. If I add that up that is a WHOPPING 3,225 calories!!! Not that I would eat that weekly but it just goes to show that you really need to educate yourself. Now it all makes sense as to how I got so big and to be honest I am disgusted with myself. Last night I made a lot better choices. I had a virgin pina colada, two pieces of bread, and the steak Oscar with all mixed veggies on the side. Total calories for that: 1,141!!! I am very proud of myself for making the better choices and still getting to enjoy my meal. Little things like that each day and each meal will slowly add up and in no time I will be dropping weight, getting healthy, and starting to have a better relationship with food. I want to enjoy eating healthy and learning to try new foods. One day at a time, I will get there!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment