Just like most of the human population I have failed to reach my goal of staying healthy and losing more weight, but you know what? That won't stop me from trying yet again to drop this weight and become healthier. I need to do it for myself, I need to do it a healthy way, and I obviously need to try a different approach than I've been doing before.
I think that new approach is going to be keeping it simple. Eat simple, move more, and create a routine so it takes the guess work out of it. I am using my 30th birthday in September of this year to be my target date to be back to where I was health wise in 2012, except that I am going to be doing it in a healthier and more sustainable fashion.
If you've read my blog at all you know I suck at mornings, but I have found the few times I have managed to get my big butt out of bed and work out in the morning that my whole day changes. I make better food choices and I have more time after work for myself to do whatever I so desire. Last week I had set my alarm early to try and get moving but I failed miserably, however today I was finally able to get moving and got an hour of cardio on the treadmill done before I had to start work. Now the goal for me is going to be doing at least 30 minutes of cardio each week day morning at the gym in the basement of my work. Don't worry, although it's in the basement our building was recently completely renovated and the gym is brand spanking new!! And was practically empty until I was just over halfway done my workout. And there is a change room and showers as well so all I have to do is commute to work, workout, and go upstairs. Wish me luck on getting this habit formed!
I sure do miss walking outdoors though, can't wait for Spring/Summer to arrive so I can walk to work and in the River Valley! Until then I will utilize my work gym, as well as my Fit 4 Less gym membership that is less than $20 a month, my workout DVD's and maybe try some random classes as well. Variety tends to help with staying motivated!
As for my eating, I have started using My Fitness Pal again, it helps because I am more accountable for what goes in my mouth. And no matter how many calories I go over my set goal I still must log everything and be realistic about my amounts, otherwise it simply will not work. Trying to cook more and prepare is also on my to-do list for getting healthy. When I do cook, it's usually fairly healthy. It's when I am working a lot of hours and get tired that I tend to let my diet slip and go for what's fast and convenient. I need to simply make the effort to get my meals made throughout the weeks and have healthy snacks on hand to combat random trips to the corner store or Starbucks. I won't be too hard on myself if once in awhile I indulge, it's a part of life. If I may, I need to "stop and smell the roses" on my journey.
Even though the whole "New Year New Me"is so cliche I really do feel like I am changing into a totally different person, although my transformation really started at the end of October when I decided to quit smoking and give up my hard partying lifestyle for the most part. I still go out and have a couple drinks every once in awhile but gone are the days of partying all the time and being hung over for work (OMG I think I'm growing up!!). I have still not had a cigarette and am damn proud of that!! I have started to realize who are my friends and who really don't have my best interest at heart. I am really starting to question a lot of people who I thought were very important in my life. And I am working on my friendship with my best friend of many years after we had a falling out. Life is good and I am beyond excited to see what all I can accomplish this year. I have set many goals and plan to achieve most of them!!
Will keep you guys posted <3
No comments:
Post a Comment