Today is a somewhat nice day outside so I ventured out for my daily exercise intake! I walked 3.72 kilometers on my lunch hour and I'm feeling pretty good about it. Although lately when I am walking outdoors my calf muscles get SOOO tight it's almost unbearable. I've managed to work through it but it's definitely hindering my ability to walk farther and faster. Hopefully the more I walk and work out the easier it'll be on my calves. I'm hoping it's just because it's my first week back at it and that my muscles are just shocked! I am feeling pretty awesome about working out 8 days in a row now. It definitely helps me focus on eating cleaner too because I'm more aware of what it takes to burn those calories off. I've also found I'm pushing myself more than I would have before. If my calves hurt like this before I would have just quit and went back home but instead I stretch it out and keep going because I know I'll be happier with myself if I've completed what I set out to do in the first place. I most definitely plan on completing my goal of walking to my mom's house on the Southwest side of Edmonton from my home in Downtown Edmonton this summer. Last year, without any training, I decided to attempt it. I made it about 12 kilometers before I had to call it quits thanks to multiple blisters and my legs just not able to move anymore. I think it was just another 4 kilometers to go to make it completely to her house but I was done. It was also getting dark so perhaps I should try it on a full day off. I know, I come up with some crazy ideas! I've always wanted to bike to Stony Plain as well, that will definitely take some training as it's about 37 kilometers from my house to Stony Plain. The easiest part will be the highway as it's mostly flat and there aren't any lights or traffic to cross. I am thinking I will hopefully do that before my 28th birthday, which is September 21st of this year. Wish me luck! LOL I think setting fitness goals will keep me in check and keep me working towards something. I'm also finding that even though I usually work out alone, that I feel more accomplished with my day and less lonely. I mean, I have a room mate, that is my best friend, but she's NEVER home so I basically live alone still. Either way, I am feeling happier that I've made my health and fitness a priority in my life and that I am putting myself ahead of everyone around me. I've wasted so many years constantly worrying that everyone else was okay that I've never taken the time to just be me and make myself happy before everyone else. I'm sure people won't like it, but it's how it's going to be from now on!
Time for my healthy afternoon snack of fruit and Greek yogurt.....mmmmmmmm :)
Have a happy Wednesday everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment