Well I've got some SERIOUS news!!! I am checking something off of my bucket list this coming fall........I will be running my first 5 kilometer event!!!!!!! It's called The Neon Run and it's September 13, 2014 in wonderful Edmonton, Alberta :) I am super excited, but also super nervous. I know with four months to prepare I should be laughing, but I've never been a runner, mainly because I've been overweight all of my adult life. A girlfriend of mine sent me the link on Facebook and asked if I wanted to do it. Well I have to say, at first I got a huge knot in my stomach and then I calculated how far away it was and took the leap of faith and registered. Quite exhilarating if you ask me. I've had "Run a 5K" on my bucket list for awhile and wasn't sure it would ever be checked off. I always see friends on Facebook running all these fun events like Color Me Rad and Mud Hero and truly thought I'd never be that person. So here I am, challenging myself completely. I just hope that I can be successful and run the whole thing. It definitely makes me nervous that I'll be a complete failure in front of all my friends, but I also know that they're super supportive and will help push me along no matter what my pace is. Thankfully I've already started working out again and have done 10 consecutive days of cardio. What I truly need to figure out is why my calves get so tight when I'm walking. Maybe it's my shoes, maybe it's the way I walk, who knows but I definitely used to be able to walk WAY faster so I need to figure it out and solve the problem so I can get into training for this run!
Wish me luck!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment