Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Heading To My Next Goal

Well I reached my goal before the New Year and now I am focusing on the next 25 lb loss. I have lost a total of 36.8 lbs as of yesterdays weigh in, I am hoping that I will maintain the 20 lbs a month weight loss, which means I have to hit 40 lbs by the 15th of this month, SO doable! My friend has just started the program again so now I'll have someone to go through this all with, kind of nice! Although I think I've been doing fine. I've decided that even though you're supposed to be 100% strict, that I am not going to deprive myself of anything. If I am craving a hot dog I can go buy one and eat a 1/4 of it and get the "craving" out of my system. Otherwise I won't last until the Summer on this program. As long as I keep up with my cardio as often as I can get it in during the week and following the diet for the most part. I must say though, I do find it difficult to eat all the veggies they say to in a day. Currently I am supposed to eat three 8 ounce portions of veggies, which is INSANE!! I never over stuffed my face before starting this so I am not about to start now. I will eat what I feel like when I'm hungry (of the proper foods that is) and not force extras down the hatch.

Everyone always asks me why I think I got to the point I did. Well to be honest eating healthy isn't the most convenient. Nothing is quick, you have to be ahead of the game and always plan your meals instead of simply just grabbing something on the go when you're out and about. I mean there are always salads but when you're starving a salad isn't going to keep you full unless there is some grilled chicken in there. I worked two jobs for almost four years so it wasn't always easy to grab something that was good for me. I tried to bring my lunch and supper and cook myself meals so things were home made but if any of you have worked in a car dealership you know full well that sales people and managers tend to just order in and it's pretty much ALWAYS greasy ass food! I can only blame myself for making poor decisions in what I ate but you don't always make the best choices when you forgot to pack a lunch and are starving. I've spent a lot of time researching the calorie counts for a lot of foods that I used to eat on a regular basis and can really see why I got to the weight I did. You really don't realize how bad some things are until you really look into the nutritional information on it.Thankfully I am a really slow eater and couldn't over-eat all that crappy food I was eating, I just was making the wrong choices in what I did eat. Oh well, I had my major "Ah-hah" moment in life and started my complete life overhaul on November 15, 2011 and I am not looking back. I cannot wait to see the major change in the end, to be able to compare my before and after picture. I do suggest that you take pictures at each one month mark, I am going to be taking my two month picture this coming weekend, it's pretty much the only way you will really see the changes on yourself. I wish I had taken measurements of my entire body because the clinic only takes your waist and your hips. Here are pictures of myself. On the left is a picture I took Dec 22, 2011 when I had lost 26.4 lbs at that point compared to the right picture, which is from Aug 15, 2011.


I think once I see more of a change in my body I might feel more comfortable posting my full body shots (in clothing of course, I'm no slut!!)

I hope that by reading my blog and joining me on my journey to a healthy lifestyle that people can be inspired to try whatever they can to improve their life. Whether it's exercising more, quitting smoking, including more vegetables or fruits in your diet, or improving your mental health. 2012 really seems to be the year that everyone is deciding to make a change! I am loving all the people that I know that are taking steps to better themselves, it makes me feel great to know that I was ahead of the game by starting before the New Year! Just think, I would've been 30 lbs heavier if I had waited until the New Year! I am excited for weigh in tomorrow! I will post another update :) Hope you enjoy and feel free to comment or email me at emurray21@hotmail.com if you have more private questions! Support is the key to being able to succeed in changes like these! And if you enjoy my blog please subscribe!! Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment