The New Year is upon us and I have spent a lot of time reflecting on how the past year has gone. To say I've let myself down would be the understatement of the century. I let my healthy lifestyle and weight loss go down the tube, let a guy completely crush me, gave up on a lot of goals for myself, and lost one of the most of important people in my life. That's not to say that I didn't accomplish a lot of things all while going through those trying times. I purchased my first home and got it all set up just the way I like, furnished it and paid off a bunch of that debt already, started to realize that some things just aren't worth it, and also got my feet back on the ground after being knocked down. I am stronger than I ever thought and have truly learned that the only person who is looking out for you........is you! Imagine that right?? Well 2014 is going to be a year where I put myself first and stop constantly worrying about everyone around me. That doesn't mean I will change who I am completely, I will always be a person who worries about how others feel and how my actions affect others. I just mean that I will worry more about putting my own feelings first. I want to be legitimately happy inside and out, and if people aren't supportive or on board to get me to that place you will be removed from my life. Doesn't matter who you are!!! This may seem harsh or cold but I'm so over people who pretend and are fake, this includes some immediate family.
What's new you ask? Well I am starting a new healthy regime called Isagenix. It's basically vitamin enriched protein shakes that replace two meals in a day with some other stuff you take throughout the day. I am pretty excited to be starting on a new path of healthy living for myself. This time its all about making me happy inside and out and not pleasing anyone else. I am just hoping I can find that drive that I had when I did the Dr Bernstein program. I want and NEED to get back to a happy place for my own sanity! Wish me luck!!!
I also plan on doing more selfless, random, acts of kindness this year. I want to make a difference in other peoples lives that really need it. I want to help those that need help and ask for it. I've started by buying coffee and a bagel for a homeless man outside of Tim Hortons when I went through the drive through. Simple things like that just make my day!!!! Perhaps I will pay for a random persons groceries or something like that. I want to be someone I am proud of being. I want to be someone that finds the positive in every situation. I just want to be an overall happier person in 2014! As many say, life is what you make of it.
Well, this beauty needs her beauty sleep! Until next time <3
No comments:
Post a Comment