Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Life.....

Life, it's a crazy thing that happens when you least expect it. Although I haven't been very good at keeping up with my blog (or my weight loss) I have been enjoying what everything else has to offer. A few new tidbits since I last wrote:

I am the proud new owner of a two bed, two full bath condo in downtown Edmonton!! I got my underground parking, my in suite laundry, my killer location, and it's all mine on my own!! I've gotten myself all moved in and I am settling in nicely! I still cannot believe that I have accomplished such a huge life goal at such a young age. Now I need to make up my other goals in life and work towards those. I am thinking I'll focus on myself for awhile.

I have gained some of my weight back (as you can tell by my previous point I have gotten off of the Dr B train). Even though I have gained weight I know that I will get back on track and continue my healthy lifestyle. Now that I am back living on my own it will be easier to control what comes into the house. I will also have to ensure that I am packing lunches and healthy snacks to avoid last minute eating out and making bad choices. I am ADDICTED to taco salad so that isn't so bad. As long as I don't over-do the cheese and sour cream. I have started to enjoy sushi. I tend to stick to the cooked stuff but that's okay. I am broadening my palette and tastes. I'm trying new things and finding new things I love. The key to maintaining a healthy diet is going to be mixing it up and making it interesting. Adding different ingredients to salads to make them new and exciting. I also need to make more time for myself and my fitness. I haven't yet managed to check out how long it would take to walk to work but I am hoping to do so on days I'm not working both of my jobs. In the mean time I will use my lunch hours to get out of the office and walk. And conquer those horrible river valley stairs! I am hoping to keep pushing myself to get better and better. When I first attempted them last year I couldn't even make it up all the way once. I got to the point where I could do them twice without stopping! I am excited to see how far I can push myself this year. I also have a bike that my brother gave me but it requires some tuning up so I cannot ride it quite yet.

I have quit the online dating crap and was/am in a "relationship". Right now it's sort of in limbo but oh well, that's life right? I know that I deserve to be treated great and that I will eventually find someone who is my equal and makes my life complete. Although this current experience isn't ideal, it's taking me one step closer to finding out exactly what I want from my future husband. I am an independent woman who simply wants someone there to spend time with and to make me feel great about myself. I didn't think it was that much to ask. I prefer going for a simple walk together over extravagant nights. I mean everyone likes to go out to dinner and weekend trips or whatever, but I'm looking forward to the nights in watching movies and just being with that special someone in your life. And a note to the men who are reading this, to keep a woman happy you must communicate. It doesn't have to be expressing your deepest feelings, but simple day to day communication is what we expect. Not that hard really. I am going to focus on not being upset by this or letting it derail my life changes. Instead I am going to learn from it and grow from it, and realize that I cannot simply "sweep things under the rug" and pretend as though there aren't issues. Nobody is perfect, but you also do not need to settle when it comes to the simple things. You need what you need and don't forget that!
That is all for now, I will try to make more time to write. I am not even sure if there is anyone out there that cares to read this but this blog is for me and my desire to share my life, goals, achievements, and struggles.

Sincerely,
Eden


No comments:

Post a Comment