Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Long Overdue Update

Hello readers, hate to say it but summer got the best of me and I dropped the ball big time on my blog. A lot of things have happened and it's been a rocky couple months since I've last written. I recently just went back on the Dr Bernstein diet and am having issues. I had a small medical incident (unrelated to the diet) that derailed my ability to stay on the diet due to the fact that I had to get my iron levels up and 3.5 oz of lean beef every 7 days just wouldn't cut it. I ended up gaining 15 lbs back, mostly because I absolutely indulged in everything I'd been craving on the previous 7 months of diet.




I do find that returning to the diet is WAY harder than originally starting it. I am having serious issues not "cheating" on my diet with little bites here and there thinking it won't affect me. I do believe that there is something wonky about this whole diet, because you can have a donut and gain 1.5 lbs. There is NO way that is normal. Especially since you're eating probably around 900 calories if that if you follow it strictly. But what do I know.....I'm no Dr. Bernstein! I paid for two months worth of injections when I went back on August 13/12 and am feeling like I'm wasting my money right now since I'm not 100% committed. If I can pull my act together these next three weeks and really put my nose to the grind I think I'll switch to a program that is more cost effective like Weight Watches or something. I do find it quite odd that the nurse in the Bernstein program do advise that heavy workouts don't help your weight loss......doesn't quite add up. Exercise is healthy for you and you shouldn't just be changing your eating habits if you want to maintain a healthy lifestyle. But I cannot argue with the results that the Bernstein program delivers if you do diligently follow the rules. That's why I'm finding it hard to give up, but maybe it's for the best that I switch so it's an easier transition into real life eating. I truly hate when people compare eating to alcoholics or drug addicts because you cannot live without food so you cannot full out quit. Temptations are everywhere and convenient things are not healthy. Plus oddly enough, it costs more to eat healthy! Figure that out!! Either way, I have committed to leading a healthy life starting last November and have lost a total of 84.2 lbs to date. I still have a little ways to go to be able to call myself healthy but this is a life change, not a a right now change. That's my biggest hurdle, thinking that when I reach a point where I am happy with myself that I will be done, but I won't. It'll be me living with my choices on a daily basis and ensuring that I don't just eat healthy, but also remain active. I am trying to find that drive that I had during those 7 months of strict eating, I'm just finding it hard to get back into that. Wish me luck!!



No comments:

Post a Comment