Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sweating To The Oldies

Well I got my butt to the gym last night, and made sure to drag my skinny friend with me for support! It was actually a wicked workout and both of us are definitely feeling the wrath today! LOL We decided to partake in our old fun of "step class". We used to go every Monday, when I was at my heaviest surprisingly. I did feel like it was a little easier without the extra 78 lbs I've lost, but there still was nothing EASY about this class. It was a different teacher that liked to mix it up way too much! Plus we couldn't hear the directions clearly over the system because of mic difficulties so we looked like a couple of idiots trying to follow along with this crazy lady. I think we'll try out Monday's again, hopefully it's the same teacher! Either way we got a great cardio workout in, followed by 10 minutes of free weight arm workouts, and 5 minutes of abs! I must say that I am pretty proud that I only stopped a couple times for water because I used to stop and stand there for a minute and then get going again. I also was able to do the jumping jacks a lot easier, before I simply refused! I also put in a serious effort to do pretty much ALL of the abs workout! Guess I'll have to keep going just to ensure my stamina keeps increasing! We then got SUPER ambitious and decided to do another 20 minutes of cardio on the treadmills. Including some running intervals! Needless to say I am sore today and somewhat enjoying feeling like I really put in some good time at the gym. I'm thinking to keep my body from seizing up I will go for my walk around the beautiful legislature grounds for my entire lunch hour. Can you tell I really want to hit my goals before the weekend?? I am 1.8 lbs away from hitting the 80 lb total loss mark and 0.6 of a lb away from meeting my personal mini goal number!! How exciting right?? I have been cutting out breads and increasing my fitness to hopefully hit those numbers tomorrow! Perhaps I'll make my way to the gym a couple times this weekend too! I really need to not only lose weight, but really get into the best shape of my life. And I do think exercising is becoming more fun the lighter I get. There is definitely nothing fun about a 300+ lb person trying to do jumping jacks (sorry if that's a mental image you didn't want, just trying to "get real" here)!!
Another positive note is all of the amazing feedback I've gotten when posting pictures and status' on my Facebook account! Everyone around me is seriously amazing and I couldn't feel more loved! I decided to put that "before and current" picture from yesterdays post onto FB and all I got was people telling me how I inspire them and how great I am doing! It definitely took a lot of nerve for me to put my horrid before picture up there for everyone to see, but I figure that now I am somewhat held accountable and that I will NEVER get back to that state. So having people see the embarrassment of what a whale (literally) that I was before, it will keep me from slipping and also help motivate me to make better choices here and there. Which is why I also keep posting my total weight lost!! I have gotten such a positive and supportive feed back from everything and all it does it keep me motivated! This year seems to be the year that everyone is getting into shape and I couldn't be happier because we are all feeding off each other's successes! A big thank you to everyone who's provided kind words and has sent positive vibes my way...words cannot express my gratitude <3

Much love!

Sincerely,

Me Getting Healthier : D

No comments:

Post a Comment